Mac n Cheating
February 16th 2019
# of servings
- 2 pounds of Elbow Macaroni
- 1 pound of Gruyere cheese
- 1 pound of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pound of Bacon
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Flour
- 6 Jalapenos
- Cook 2 pounds of pasta to Al dente, following the directions on the box.
- In a large pot melt 2 tablespoons of butter over a medium heat.
- Once the butter has been melted, add the flour to create a roux. making sure all the flour has absorbed all of the butter. it should have a nutty aroma.
- As soon as the roux is ready, slowly add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream into the pot, stirring constantly.
- Add 2 pounds of grated cheese stirring until all the cheese has melted and slowly adding the remained of the heavy whipping cream.
- When the cheese and cream has a smooth and creamy texture, add the cook pasta to the cheese and stir until all the pasta and cheese is evenly mixed.
- (Optional) Add sliced smoked jalapenos and mix in evenly.
- Coat with non stick spray a large cast iron pan, or any pan of your choosing.
- Add the Mac n Cheese to your pan.
- Top with crispy chopped Bacon.
- Place in a smoker set to 225 degrees for 2 hours.
- After two hours remove from smoker and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy the Mac n Cheating.